Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 98

I am grateful for good neighbors.

We've been blessed with ah-mazing neighbors in our life. Starting with the older couple next door when we were first married, Uncle John and Aunty Pearl when the boys were teeny, my friend Linda with a debilitating condition but a joyful heart when we moved back to this area, the Schaffers and Williams in Suncrest, my always-neighbor-of-the-heart Kim, to the people in the sunny yellow house we bought this property from--all have been true blessings.

It's not just getting along decently that makes for a good neighbor, although I'd take that for anything less. It's the open door and open heart that make for an approachable, available relationship. Yep, it's all about relationship, isn't it...

We have three neighbors around us now who allow us to hike and ride our horses on their property. I can borrow sugar from two, but I'm kind of afraid of the third. They're rich, aloof, and posted No Hunting signs facing our direction when they first bought their property. At least they're not mean. I'll take it.

Thank You, Lord, for fulfilling the prayer my mom prayed ever since we were married.

No comments:

Post a Comment