Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 115

I am grateful for deer repellent.

Spring came late last year, so I planted later than usual. The deer are usually gone by the time the seedlings sprout, but their clocks were in time with nature, something I didn't realize. I was horrified when I saw my garden decimated. Sproutlings were uprooted and others so eaten down as to be unsalvageable. I had to start all over again.

I think deer are beautiful and love watching them. I just don't appreciate them annihilating all my hard-won efforts. I'm sure you understand.

I searched the Net for homemade deer repellent, and after trying a couple, found them to be a sure garden-saver. There are a hundred different recipes, and I find the one with water, egg, garlic, and dish soap to be the easiest, cheapest, and most effective. I also use it on my tulips, primroses, and sedum to my utter satisfaction. Take that, Bambi.


Thank You, Lord, for this most efficient concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment