Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 92

I am grateful for my Rae.

We met in high school, and I have loved her all these years. We had a lot in common. I had two brothers, she had two brothers. My dad was in the Air Force, her dad was in the Air Force. I was sweet, she was sweeter. It goes on.

After I've spent any time with her, I come away feeling dusted with magic, like angels sprinkled glittery blessings over me that will buoy me for days afterward. Her eyes sparkle when she smiles, her cuteness level is off the charts, and her integrity is only equaled by her humble servant's heart.

She has been an inspiration, encouragement, and even a lifeline. Her prayerful support the first year after losing my mom was truly a Godsend. She sent me a card on Mother's Day and another at the anniversary of her Homegoing. They were balm to a raw soul, and I want to be that for someone someday. Rae is as fine as He makes them. She probably has a fault somewhere. I just don't have a clue what it is for all the goodness she is to me.

Thank You, Lord, for my Rae Arlene.

No comments:

Post a Comment