Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 97

I am grateful for cousins.


Aida (pronounced EYE-da) was my best friend when we lived in the Philippines. She's three years older, and did we have fun! She did my nails, gave me her clothes, we jumped on beds, and I adored her.

Zon (short for Corazon) is ten years younger than me. We didn't get to hang out because we moved back to the States. Her family eventually immigrated to the U.S. where she married. We call her my mom's clone because they have such similar natures.

These girls are like the sisters I never had. They are extremely generous, both in spirit and gifts. They loved my mom like they love their own mother. They love my dad, and they call and send cards and simply think of him. And that blesses me. They are golden-hearted, beautiful, and true. I love them and their families, and I miss them fiercely, especially at holidays.

Thank You, Lord, for these precious cousins-like-sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment