Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 114

I took this to show a friend a classic tuck.
I am grateful for hair.

Besides allowing for a million styles, it keeps my head warm. I first noticed this back when I was pregnant with Ryan. My hair started falling out in patches, a condition called alopecia areata. If left uncovered, I would feel a clingy cold against my scalp, definitely a first for me.

It would plague me randomly for the next ten years or so, and I would have to get creative sometimes. The most challenging was the one right at my bangs. I was in my early 30's when I created my first comb-over.

I was prayed over at a Bible study about ten years ago, and it's never come back. "If a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her," (1 Cor. 11:15 KJV). The need to color my hair, coupled with finding the first few white eyebrow hairs and eyelashes, I am more inclined now toward this verse, "Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life," (Prov. 16:31).

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of this covering.

No comments:

Post a Comment