Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 117

I am grateful for pie.

There's something completely satisfying about a good piece of pie. Comfort food. Fruit, cream, latticed, a la mode--it's all good.

Jylle wanted to make dinner the other night, and after a few minutes, called out to ask if chicken pot pie sounded good. It did, so she proceeded to make the BEST pot pie I have ever had. It was her maiden go at making pie crust, and using the recipe I've had for years, and again, made some of the best crust I have ever had. She was so happy!

Cyrus O'Leary's and Costco make some excellent storebought pie. French silk, Kahlua cream, and fresh strawberry are prizes of the former, with strawberry rhubarb and cheesecake stars of the latter (the only strawberry rhubarb pie I have ever liked).

Thank You, Lord, for this culinary luxury.

1 comment: