Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 119

I am grateful for Zeb.

Affectionately known as "my youngest son," he is Ryan's best friend. He has all the enthusiasm and energy of Richard Simmons, the golden heart of a prince, and the bearing of a young man who knows who he is and how to bear strength in humility.

When I first met him, he was about 14, and Ryan had dubbed him his pet freshman. He was like a large puppy on steroids, but dearly polite, and I sensed a measure of "unconfidence," which he did indeed outgrow, much to my joy.

He has grown exponentially on many levels since then, and on this, his 20th birthday, I celebrate the day he was born and the joy he brings merely by existing in my world. He makes me laugh, think, reflect, question, and want to be the very person God would have me to be. Happy birthday, Zebedee!

Thank You, Lord, for this treasure of a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment