Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 248

I am grateful for weddings.

Some ceremonies are grievous at worst, stupendous at best. I find weddings to be in the upper ten percent of fun ceremonies. I'm charmed by young love, sincere vows, lace, fresh flowers, abundant joy, exuberant toasts, and verdant hope. There is an expectancy of a happily ever after, even in a world that bears down and assails to tear asunder. Marriage is a sacred union, and I love the honor and reverence it is given in a godly ceremony.

This is the outdoor wedding we attended where Jylle was the maid of honor. It's her second wedding, but her first in that role. She rocked. It was hard to stay focused on the beauty of the bride because I was so distracted by that of my own daughter. Shame on me.

Thank You, Lord, for these wonderful occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment