Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 274

I am grateful for The Singer Trilogy.

It's an analogy of the New Testament, brought to life in the main character of the Troubadour, the Singer. I heard the audio of the first of these three stories on the radio about 16 years ago. I was captivated by the narrator's voice, the plot line, and the beautiful poetic nature of the story. I could never find it to purchase, but I always kept a watch out for it.n

We visited Brett and Lydia this summer, and I spotted this book on the dining room bookshelf. She gladly let me borrow it, and I have been savoring it all summer and now into autumn. The text is lovely and dramatic and sweeping. The word pictures are vivid and in your face. Evil is horrific, and good is blazing gold. I suppose it's not the type of book for everyone, but for anyone with a penchant for winged analogy, this is platinum.

Thank You, Lord, for this beautiful series.

No comments:

Post a Comment