Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 254


I am grateful for the fair.

Going to the interstate fair is something we did every year with my folks when the kids were little. It was something we always looked forward to and the kids loved. My mom loved to buy them all kinds of food--ice cream, burritos, donuts, chocolate milk, snow cones, caramel apples, taffy, and sausage. I'm not sure who had more fun, her or them.

This year we went with Ryan and Jylle and stayed for the rodeo. Jylle and I left before the barrel racing to get something to eat. We found deep fried cheese curds with ranch dressing--totally decadent and totally worth it. Then we found huckleberry pizza pie. Lastly, I had to have a corn dog. It's been years since I had one, and it was G-reat. The weather was perfect, the broncs were feisty, the food was wunnerful, and the company most excellent. Can't wait for next year.

Thank You, Lord,  for this annual extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment