Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 271

I am grateful for my Kevn's 53rd birthday.

We celebrated our 30th anniversary this last August. We were married when he was 22, and I was 21. Eight years ago we celebrated being together longer married than we were single. I get to savor the knowledge today that I am embarking on a new chapter in our lives with the one, who as a young woman, wanted to grow old with. Gray hair, three grown kids, phantom aches, and wrinkles all testify to the fulfilling of that vision.

I will set aside a time to pray for my sweet Kevin every hour today. I can never be thankful enough for his devotion, hard work, and love of life, our children, me, and our God. He set out to build my dreams with his two hands, but he couldn't have known that it was the work of his golden heart that is the foundation for the great blessing of a life I have the privilege of enjoying with him. I am humbly grateful. Bless him big time today.

Thank You, Lord, for this precious birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment