Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 253

I am grateful for Annie.

This is the third child of my friend, Cheryl. I have just connected with her since she was about 12. We could sit at basketball games and talk the entire time, oblivious to the score or even who the opponent was. I don't know if that speaks highly of her social skills or that I have the mentality of a 12 year old.

She is beautiful, creative, witty, sarcastic, geniously talented, deep, honest, sensitive, lively, well-traveled, and loves her crazy family to death. And she writes a Christmas letter like nobody's business. The English department at Whitworth had better realize the treasure they have in her.

We went to a church this morning that Ryan heard of, and I was blown away when I saw Annie on stage leading worship. I have never had the privilege of sitting under her leadership, and it was absolutely exquisite. I'd forgotten how I forget everything else when she opens up like that, singing her heart out for us. For Him. I was blessed to my utter deeps. I went up to see her afterward and was totally unprepared for her reaction. She started trembling and kept saying, "Oh, my gosh!" We both cried, good tears, and I just drank her in like a needy plant. It was just so. good. to hold her again. It's been so long. I can't wait to go back again. Bless her on this, her birthday...

Thank You, Lord, for our precious Angel Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment