Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 264

I am grateful for tenacity.

My Kevin is like a dog with a bone when it comes to financial justice. If we're entitled to a refund, he makes sure we get it. If we get overbilled, he will make a zillion phone calls to ensure it's corrected. Jylle says, "My father is magical!"

I hope he can work his magic this time as well. He and a friend installed decking for a widow about five years ago, decking that was supposed to last a lifetime. When he saw it decomposing this last spring, he picked up the bone and hasn't let go.

Yesterday he had her call a rep from the company who said she just needed a name, address, and phone number in order to get the refund going. When I told my friend, she was not only shocked that this might actually happen, but touched that Kev had been working on this for her. I was touched too--but not surprised. I'm anxious to see how it turns out, especially since reviews of the company online make it appear a lame and unethical organization. We shall see...

Thank You, Lord, for tenacity like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment