Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 267

I am grateful for homemade Italian dressing.

I feel like I have tried every storebought Italian dressing and mix out there, but was never satisfied with the flavor. I finally found a recipe for a dry mix on allrecipes.com, and it was a grand slam. Kev and I have been using it for over a year and never tire of it.

I make up the dry mix and make up however much I need. It's always fresh, super easy and simple, and deluxe--just the ticket!


ITALIAN DRESSING MIX 

1 Tbl garlic salt
1 Tbl onion powder
1 Tbl white sugar
1 Tbl dried parsley
2 Tbl dried oregano
2 Tbl salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp celery salt
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and regular salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.
  2. To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 white vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.
Eeeyum!!

Thank You, Lord, for this delish dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment