Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 155

I am grateful for Jylle's graduation.

She graduated yesterday with honors. Her valedictory speech was touching. She looked beautiful, radiant and full of life and joy. I'm thankful to Kev's mom for making the flight here to attend. That meant a lot to all of us. Ryan being able to make it was pretty perfect too.

How all three kids graduated as valedictorians is beyond Kev and me. We don't take credit for their smarts; that's all God's handiwork. We just sit back in wonder and gratitude for such amazing blessing.

We're at the end of the most fantastic era of our lives. Parenting has been my very best adventure. We move into the role of counselor and friend. One of the greatest graces I've been granted is to enjoy a real friendship with my kids. I'm on the verge of launching into the world one of my favorite friends now. It will be sad and weird not to have her here everyday, but she'll live with my dad, and that will be symbiotic. We look forward to seeing her wring the life out of her college career and go on to make a difference in the world. Love you so much, baby girl. Congratulations on all you've accomplished!


Thank You, Lord, for my precious daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment