Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 167

I am grateful for finishing.

My job this last week and a half has been to box up all the books in the middle school library. It's being moved into the main building, and the regular librarian took leave to stay with her daughter who just had a baby. The goal of boxing up an entire library fell to me, but I was up for the challenge.

The biggest deal was figuring out the best way for her to be able to reshelve them in the fall. Once I figured that out, the rest was just putting the books into boxes. That, however, proved to be the biggest obstacle, as two teachers were also moving, and they needed boxes too.

I called Safeway and Napa, who gladly saved their boxes for me, and the maintenance department scoured the hospital and a few other businesses. Score! After setting me up with packaging tape and a nifty dispenser, I was set. I finished yesterday, saving me from going back on this last day of school. It feels good not only to have finished strong, but to receive such congratulations and gratitude from a number of people I admire and respect.

Thank You, Lord, for allowing me this finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment