Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 182

I am grateful for Carrie Underwood.

We watched that whole season of American Idol, and it didn't take long before we had our favorite. We have loved seeing her skyrocket to the top of the country charts and become a real American sweetheart. In every interview I've seen, she is humble, grateful, and down to earth. We cheer her on still.

She performed "How Great Thou Art" at the Grand Ol' Opry with Vince Gill a few years ago, and I cried watching her belt out a song she sang from the bottom of her heart and the depth of her soul. I have never seen it sung with that kind of passion and meaning. It remains one of THE most memorable performances I have ever experienced in my life. I think I was spared seeing it in person because I would've died from the joy and thrill of it.

Thank You, Lord, for this talented, thankful child of Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment