Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 169

I am grateful for Father's Day.

We went to church with my brother's family, then met at Dad's for lunch. He doesn't eat lunch, but he does when we twist his arm. We bought two roasted chickens and some French bread, and Alan and Wayneen bought three side dishes. I made Dad's favorite, spice cake, for dessert.

It's a great blessing to have my father for a friend. He's changed a lot in the last ten or so years, mellowing and growing in grace. His generosity is unrivaled, saying that the Lord told him to help people with all that he sees as income he doesn't need. He is doing that indeed. He's certainly not wealthy, but he is kind.

For all the blessing that a caring, loving, generous, great-hearted father is to a daughter who will always be his little girl, I am profoundly grateful.

Thank You, Lord, for my daddy. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment