Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 165

I am grateful for fiber.

When you're young, you take some things for granted. Like being regular. As I've gotten older, not only does fiber help with that, but we now know that everyone benefits from a diet with a decent amount of fiber, regardless of age.

As my cholesterol skyrocketed, I took to heart the admonitions to incorporate more fiber into my diet. Oatmeal was an easy fix for breakfast, especially when I sub because it's quick. I add Benefiber powder to my tea, which is tasteless and nonthickening. Easy peasy. Hoping not to stroke out, but finish strong, oat bran and flax seed are also no-brainer additions to muffins, scones, biscuits, and sometimes even cakes and pie crusts. I don't overadd. Everything in moderation.

Thank You, Lord, for this rich, healthful addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment