Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 175

I am grateful for bacon.

Bacon is one of THE most versatile foods I have ever used. Far beyond its typical sidekick position to eggs, it adds loads of flavor to salads, seafoods, soups, appetizers, and even desserts.

I found a recipe for something called pig candy. I first heard about it in a book called Sweet Potato Queens. It's just bacon coated in brown sugar and baked, but is it good. I have high cholesterol, so bacon is something I eat only when I have a craving that borders on mental illness. That, and bacon-wrapped oysters arouse just such cravings.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's bacon in Heaven. But it'd be good for you and plentiful. And somehow it would honor Jesus. I sure hope He's thought about this.

Thank You, Lord, for this decadent food.

No comments:

Post a Comment