Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 337

I am grateful for disappointments.

It has taken a lifetime to get to the point where I can say that and mean it. I remember thinking that there was something wrong with either that statement or the people who made it. No one should be grateful for that, even if it might be possible.

In the way that rain makes you appreciate sunshine, barren makes you glad for fertile, or din makes you yearn for silence, so disappointments heighten my appreciation for success, pleasure, and satisfaction. In realizing also that God is all about relationship, and His ways are not mine, I can encounter Him in need in a way that I can't when everything is going well. As I trust Him and know that I know that I know He is always and only good, He is expanded in my interior landscape, and He is honored by it. I may not experience the gratitude immediately yet, but it does come, and I am deeply thankful.

Thank You, Lord, that You allow disappointments in order to gift us a far greater joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment