Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 359

I am grateful for Christmas Eve.

I think this tradition began out of a need for simplicity and ease, but we do pizza and a movie on Christmas Eve. We used to attend a candlelight service first, but that's fallen by the wayside.

The tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve is one we follow from my childhood. I think my parents either felt sorry for us in our gigantic anticipation of presents, or they were just big kids themselves and thought it would be fun. Either way, it's one we conducted with our own family and continues to provide jolliness all around. The Christmas story from Luke 2, hot chocolate, one gift, and a blanket of contentment make up this day, and I am thoroughly joyful.

Thank You, Lord, for Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment