Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 363

I am grateful for creativity.

Creating is one of the many wonderful attributes of God. We are made in His image, and we experience divine wonder and joy when we create something good.

Lydia knitted a cowl for me for Christmas in my favorite color, and it's beautiful, kind of like this one, but a design that's lacy and feminine. She included a pick so that it can be arranged around the neck and pinned in place.

Amy drew a copse of birch trees and lithographed it herself. She signed, numbered, and wrote out Proverbs 17:6 on them and gave one to each family or couple in her family and Ryan's for Christmas. They were sweetly wrapped in cardboard and jute. I wish I had a picture of it.

Jylle crochets hats and headbands like this one. She made a black headband with a gray flower on it for me, and it's so comfortable and warm. She has made hats for her brothers, friends, and herself that are cool and comfy.

I made Lydia an earring holder like the one below. I first saw one in  Amy's dorm room that she made herself. It's similar to this one, but the frame has sparklies in it and so does the lace. It was so fun to put together.

The majority of pins on Pinterest have creativity at their heart. Food, crafts, architecture, clothing, music, photography, gardening, and all combinations of everything come together at a site that screams Imaginative! Clever! I want that!  Those are some of the same exclamations I make when I witness God's creative genius.

Thank You, Lord, for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment