Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 364

I am grateful for humility.

"If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.” ~Mother Teresa

I am so drawn to the humble heart. One of the things I dearly love is discovering that someone did something without ever mentioning it. I also very much appreciate a straightforward "Thank you" after gratitude is expressed, even when it's not by me. This is one of the best definitions of humility:  A humble person isn't one who thinks less of himself. It's one who thinks of himself less. Humility is not putting yourself down. It's knowing who you are, Whose you are, and what that means. It comes from abiding in wisdom and grace.

The peacocks of the world can take it somewhere else. A humble heart is one of the most beautiful things in the universe.

Thank You, Lord, for humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment