Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 345

I am grateful for Christmas trees.

It can tend to be lot of trouble given the right (or wrong) factors, but I always think it's worth it once it's cut, dragged home, defrosted, erected, and finally decorated. The ornaments have great sentimental value, and there are usually memories associated with each one. This will be the 52nd year I have been in a home with a Christmas tree, and I hope I'll enjoy many more.

This picture was taken at my parents' home. The tree came from our property, and it was one of the last real trees they had. It becomes more of an effort when you're older, and I understood their reluctance after all those years. For today, I'm grateful for the beauty, tradition, and fragrance of this annual decoration.

Bless my Jylle on this, her birthday, our family's official kickoff of the Christmas season.

Thank You, Lord, for Christmas trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment