Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 362

I am grateful for homecomings.

Jylle came home for Christmas break on the 7th. Ryan and Amy arrived for a couple of days on the 18th, along with Brett and Lydia. My babies were all home! I love homecomings!

We were all together, the seven of us for less than 48 hours, but I savored every bit of it. I can't even count the number of times I breathed thanks for such precious time. With Brett scheduled to be deployed in Afghanistan this coming March, it was a week full of love, fun, and meaning. Brett was home!

The third annual Crae Bon Rye was a smash. Ryan buys a crab for everyone and some other kind of seafood, and enjoying them all together is his Christmas gift to us all. Brett and Lydia participated in the first one, so it was wonderful to be reunited for such a lavish event. Ryan was home!

Jylle lives at my dad's now and isn't in medical school, so her homecomings can be more frequent than the boys'. They're always sweet though, and I look forward to every one of them. She doesn't go back to school until the 7th, so I will have had her for a month. Jylle is home!

Over time, I hope Lydia and Amy will come to feel quite at home here. I know it can never be associated with their childhood, but with lots of love and memories, it is my dear wish.

Thank You, Lord, for homecomings.

No comments:

Post a Comment