Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 351


I am grateful for Jane Austen.

I didn't read her classics until I was a young mom, but I fell in love with them like a lot of other girls. I love the era, the sense of propriety, and the depth of her characters.

The movies have been a source of entertainment for the most part as well. Of them all, I think “Sense and Sensibility” with Emma Thompson is my favorite, followed closely by “Emma” with Gwyneth Paltrow.

I wonder if she would be amazed at the lasting quality of her work. Book clubs bearing her name thrive around the world. Libraries and personal shelves house her novels with pride. She was only 41 when she died, but her writing still graces young and old alike. I honor her on this, her birthday.

Thank You, Lord, for Jane Austen.

1 comment:

  1. Did I tell you I am taking a class on her life and works next semester? I am a little bit obsessed with her. Also, Sense and Sensibility is my favorite as well!!!! -Lydia

    ReplyDelete