Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 365

I am grateful for order.


Order keeps me sane. It allows life to run smoothly. It provides predictability so that I don't have to modify, adapt, substitute, pinch hit, question, or panic.

It's ironic because I'm a pile person. I have to be intentional about keeping spaces tidy. When I get busy or lazy and surfaces become filled with loose ends and just "stuff", I get gritchy. Then I launch into nesting mode, and it's every man for himself.  We needed housesitters one weekend, and it was our youth pastor and his wife. She commented to Jylle afterward, "Your mom is so organized." My jaw dropped when Jylle told me. No one has ever accused me of that in my entire life, and it made me so happy.

Whether it's cupboards, shelves, drawers, nature, or life, I appreciate order. It makes the world go round in an organized way, and I am thankful.

Ours is a God of order. All of nature gives testimony to intelligent design. The seasons bring their own weather, and we know generally what to expect. Life is arranged according to a certain grid and for our benefit.  There are bunchloads of stuff that happen outside of that, but it's the ordinary, everyday, and expected that I am thankful for here.

Thank You, Lord, for order.

No comments:

Post a Comment