Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 341

I am grateful for helpful employees.

"It's tough to find good help." That's a line I've heard all my life. Seems even truer today. There are scads of people who work for the paycheck and don't love their jobs. What's sad is when that is completely obvious.

There was a lady who works at a fabric store who answered all of my questions with patience and interest. She led me to the fabric I would need for my project, and as I don't sew for much beyond function, I don't know my way around fabrics or notions. When I told her I wanted four yards, she said there wasn't four yards in that bolt. When I saw how much two yards was, I realized that was more than enough. I apologized for not knowing the math, and she said, "There are much worse things. You're very pleasant. I'll take that any day."

What a lovely lady. She was not only helpful, she was gracious. While it's great to get help from someone knowledgeable, the great factor increases exponentially when a dose of grace, kindness, and encouragement are thrown in.

Thank You, Lord, for peppering my buying experiences with helpful, gracious souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment