Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 358

I am grateful for cures.

Brett & Lydia are here for Christmas break, and time with them has been absolutely heavenly. Our visits with them are seldom, so we relish what little time we get.

Things were going swimmingly when Lydia suddenly got sick. She got a sore throat, and then a migraine. Friends arrived with Musinex, and she was valiantly companionable, but that can only go so far when you're as sick as she was.

Today, she not only still had a sore throat, but had born a cough, chills, and a fever of 102 degrees. I would give my right arm for a cure for her. It is an ache of an altogether different kind to withstand the suffering of a child when I would eagerly take it myself if I only could...

Surely, there is some cure, but I don't know what it is. I would pay the ransom if there was only a deal. In the meantime, I pray fervently and praise the Name that is above all names... The One Who is the cure is our sure stay and standby in this trial.

Thank You, Lord, for Your sure cures.

No comments:

Post a Comment