Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 354

I am grateful for Heaven.

I never had any trouble believing in an afterlife. I took it as fact in childlike faith, and I still do. One of my favorite C. S. Lewis quotes is "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world." It makes marvelous sense.

 The book Heaven Is For Real is a wondrous account of a little boy's experience after having gone to Heaven during life-threatening surgery. I believe he really did. The picture of Jesus presented in the book brought tears to my eyes when I first saw it. Those eyes...

I gave Heaven a lot more first after losing Kev's dad, then after losing my mom. What an amazing world that Kingdom must be. No tears, no pain, no evil, only Goodness and Glory. I do not have the tools to imagine a place outside the constraints of time. All the ways I can think of for how life works there intimate some factor of time. How incredible it will be to see people I've missed, people I'd like to meet, and the most wonderful Person of all...

Thank You, Lord, for your Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment