Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 342

I am grateful for Christmas music.

Few things move us like music, and even fewer things launch me into a Christmas mood like the music of the season. I love that the carols, hymns, and songs that belong to this time of year fill radio air waves, church services, and my mp3 player.

Two of my favorite contemporary picks are "The Song of Christmas" by Newsong, and "Silver Starlight" by Cliff and Danielle Young. Two of my favorite carols are "Angels We Have Heard on High" and "O Come All Ye Faithful." A catchy albeit in-your-face song is "Christmas With a Capital C" by Go Fish that gets stuck in my head every time I hear it.

I loved being in the Christmas choir when I was in school. I only have what I call a shower voice, so being in a choir allowed me to sing without being noticeable. The music made me feel good, the choir made me feel proud, and the applause made me feel appreciated. I knew it was all win-win for everybody.

Thank You, Lord, for this wonderful genre of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment