Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 347

I am grateful for snow-covered land.

When it snows here, it often feels like I'm inside some humongous snow globe, the owner of which is so gentle that I don't feel the tipping and resetting. Snow coats everything, and there's a stillness in the air unlike any other time. It really does feel like the earth is in some cryogenic still pause, its breathing slowed to the point of being indiscernible. There is a respite from all its abundant, autumnal production and a regeneration in anticipation of a new spring.

While I readily admit that I hate driving in it, it is a beauty I enjoy thoroughly from the comfort of my living room. When it gets deep enough, I can start snowshoeing again. A bonus is getting to see the tracks of the critters who don't get to sleep along with the earth in our winter wonderland.

Thank You, Lord, for this snow-covered land and Your care over it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment