Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 340

I am grateful for prophesying.

I don't mean predicting future events. What I mean is taking your lead from the Holy Spirit and speaking truth and wisdom into someone's life. It's not spooky or weird or voodoo.

The best display of this I have ever witnessed was by a guest speaker at youth group. One by one, he spoke to certain young people and declared specific things. To one girl, he said that dance would be one of her highest forms of worship. He asked, "Do you dance?" Totally surprised and taken aback by his laser accuracy, "She answered, "Yeeeeesss..." He went on a bit more about some other things that applied to her, again with pinpoint accuracy. That happened with about ten other people. It's not based on a hunch or logic or any other human reasoning. It's a work of the Spirit with the intention of building up and encouraging the Body. And I love it.

Thank You, Lord, for this empowering gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment