Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 355

I am grateful for spiritual gifts.

We are given at least one spiritual gift at salvation, and used in concert accordingly, it is the most beautiful symphony of the Body as we were designed to be. We were made to support one another, and the physical body is a decent vehicle to view this:  My feet take me to the fridge where I get food that my digestive system breaks down to power my feet to take me to the fridge... We carry out our roles according to function and makeup, and all is well.

A great need turns up in someone's life, and when the Body rallies around in provision and support, it's truly a lovely thing to behold. It gives me joy, and God gets praise. Teaching, encouragement, giving, administration, discernment, mercy, prophecy, and service are just a few gifts that have their part in the building up of the Body. They are all facets of God's nature that color and maintain healthy Body Life.

I used to feel shy about naming my gift until I realized that I wasn't shy talking about any other present I was given. Mine is encouragement, and there is nothing like operating it with the Spirit at the helm. It is the easiest, most delightful and novel thing in the world. He is Creator, Gifter, and Gift, and I am deeply grateful.

Thank You, Lord, for spiritual gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment