Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 343

I am grateful for Christmas goodies.

My sweet tooth has lost some muscle over the last two years, but making sweet treats at Christmastime is still as appetizing as ever. Fudge, cookies, bars, candy, cakes, breads, sweet rolls, and pies make me all warm inside. They conjure lovely childhood memories, recall the wonderful days when my kids were little and relished a serving plate piled high with tantalizing desserts, and serve still as an way to reach out to people we care about.

Some of our traditions include peanut blossoms, pfefferneuse, M&M cookies, butter shortbread, and the hands-down family favorite, cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Everything is made from scratch, I use real butter in everything, and the secret ingredient that makes it taste good even if it turned out bit off--Love. <3 It's what Christmas is all about.

Thank You, Lord, for love on a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment